This quarter we have received several new admissions to the Clayberg. We are pleased to welcome new residents from Canton, Lewistown, and Cuba. The Clayberg is currently servies residents with intermediate care and skilled care needs. The Clayberg's most recent admissions have been for skilled care and Medicare Part A. It is exciting to be able to offer services and care to residents as a Medicare Provider. The pay sources at the Clayberg now include not only Private Pay, Private Insurance, and Public Aid (Medicaid) but also Medicare Part A.
It is exciting to see new faces at the Clayberg Fulton County Nursing Center. We are happy to welcome new residents and staff. We are always available to answer questions, provide tours, and do screenings of individuals interested in coming to reside at the Clayberg.
The Clayberg was built to house 49 residents. The resident rooms are two bed rooms with a small bathroom (toilet and sink) between each two rooms. Rooms are decorated in a variety of colors and furnished with beds, bedside tables and dresser. Each resident is encouraged to bring items from home such as chair, lamp, wall hangings, pictures, or small figurines to personalize their own area of the room. Bedspreads are provided or residents may provide their own.
The Clayberg employs 65 people in all departments to provide 24 hour service 7 days a week. We are greatful to all of our employees for the commitment to the residents and families of the Clayberg. The love and care they give to the elders is deeply appreciated.
- The largest department is the Nursing Department which is staffed with RNs, LPNs, C.N.As. Debby Powell from Lewistown, IL is the Director of Nursing. Each shift is staffed with licensed nurses and certified nursing assistants to provide care and service to the residents 24 hours a day.
- The Dietary Department is staffed with Cooks, Tray Techs, and Dining Host/Hostess and covers the hours of 4:30am - 7pm 7 days a week. Dorinda Ford is the Food Service Supervisor.
- The Housekeepers and Laundry staff are cross-trained in their duties and are scheduled to cover the hours of 4am to 10pm and some night shifts 7 days a week. Stacey Lasswell is the Environmental Services Supervisor.
- The Maintenance Department is staffed Monday through Friday and after hours as needed. They are responsible for repair and maintenance of the facility as well as safety concerns. They also provide transportation of residents to and from appointments per facility van as needed. Maintenance staff work Monday - Friday and as needed. Robert Mueller is the Maintenance Supervisor.
- The Activities Department is staffed to cover the hours of 8am to 7pm on week days and 9am to 5pm on weekends and holidays. This department director is Annette Luttrell. Annette and several Activity Assistants provide a variety of activity and social experiences for the residents as well as coordinate entertainment and outings.
- The Admissions and Social Services needs of the Clayberg are coordinated by Terisa Downs. She is available Monday - Friday 8am-4pm and after hours as needed.
- Rehabilitation and Restorative Department of the Clayberg is served in two ways, one is by contracted services of the Rehab Care, Inc. under the direction of Michelle Bloute and the other is Restorative services to residents coordinated by Gina Coleman RN, Restorative Nurse and two restorative/rehab aides.
- Bookkeeping, finances, personnel issues are handled by Kevin Stoneking, Assistant Administrator. Kevin is available Monday-Friday and as needed on weekends and holidays.